druzy (also spelled drusy) occurs when moisture is forced into the porous surface of a natural stone, eventually causing the surface to be covered with tiny, sparkly crystals - like the inside of a geode. this shimmery coating makes the already beautiful stones look like sugar-coated candy!
i found tons of spectacular handmade pieces on etsy that celebrate the beauty of this natural phenomenon... here are my favorites!
clockwise from top left:
1. the dreamy aqua colors in this chalcedony pendant are absolutely to die for! djames designs, $49
2. these "fruit punch sparkle" earrings are so fun and festive, and i am totally drooling over the juicy orange and red colors. beijo flor, $79
3. this hand-carved brazilian agate ring is so incredible... i love how you can see all the different layers and colors of the stone. just a stunning piece. nomad shop, $45
4. this amazing one-of-a-kind necklace is made from a slice of an amethyst stalactite... how cool is that? jrevolution, $148
5. the stones on these earrings remind me of rock candy, and the little raspberry colored bows are just as sweet! ladyhawke designs, $28
6. the globular silver forms on this pendant are really unique... such a strange and beautiful piece of nature! ball and chain, $28
7. this hot pink cobaltocalcite ring seriously looks delicious. don't you just want to lick it? masaoms, $120
8. i just love the warm amber tones and raw natural beauty of this citrine geode necklace. lt creations, $32