why is it always so hard to find the perfect summer bag?
it needs to be big enough to hold all the essentials (beach towel, a good book, bottle of water...), but i'm looking for more than just a shapeless sack. it has to have lots of extra pockets for sunscreen, snacks, shades and all the other little things. and of course a cute design that bridges the gap between the beach and the street is a must.
here are my picks for this summer... which one is your fave?
1. bright stripes scream summer, roomy cargo pockets on the front hold all your stuff, and the price can't be beat! from target, $16.99
2. i love that this bag converts from a standard tote to a fold-over shoulder bag. it's like getting two bags in one! by ray design, $115
3. super unique marbled fabric and rugged waxed canvas combine to give this bag a chic factor that's off the charts. by bees'netta, $155
4. this bag has a classic, effortlessly cool look... i love the colorful bungee cord handle! by j. crew, $62.50
5. i adore the beetle graphics and dark leather trim on this tote... sadly it's not in my price range, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sale! from anthropologie, $148
6. an adorable bike graphic and sunny yellow hue make this french-inspired messenger a winner. by ikabags, $69.74
7. the metallic fabric is cute on or off the beach, and the zip top is super practical (no more sand in the bottom of your bag!). by lesportsac, $88
8. i love the rugged-meets-chic look of leather and canvas, and this one has pockets galore! by nine west, on sale for $54.99