here it is... your sneak peek into my freshly painted kitchen...
i know you can't tell much from this little corner, but trust me, the new paint does wonders for my little retro kitchen! the walls were previously a dingy, flat, stark white. the color we chose really warms the space up while still keeping it bright and fresh. the rest of the space is still a work in progress, but i have tons of amazing ideas.
another project i've been waiting to reveal... my chalkboard fridge! the appliances that came with our home aren't exactly what i would have chosen, but they are fully functional so i can't justify buying new ones. the one thing i really hate is the ginormous black fridge that you walk into as soon as you enter the space... so i decided to spruce it up with a coat of chalkboard paint! what do you think? très cute, no?
another fun little project... my diy mason jar soap dispensers! such a sweet detail to add to the farmhouse kitchen vibe i'm aiming for. this project was soooo easy... check out the tutorial from girl in air here.
here are some other elements i am hoping to incorporate into my new and improved kitchen....
1. adorable vintage bird egg prints i purchased from vintage foster care.
2. i really want a schoolhouse ceiling light like this one from lamps plus.
3. i've been debating over what chairs i want to use for our tiny eat in space... i think i've decided to go for a french-industrial look with these stools.
4. a pink teapot! from reston lloyd.
5. i bought this vintage street sign ages ago from bella lulu vintage, and now i finally have a place for it!
6. my sister gave me this retro clock, and it is absolutely perfect for the space.
7. i just ordered this repro holophane glass pendant for above my little eat-in table. from rejuvenation.
8. air plants! i would love to see a row of these little beauties on my window sill. these ones are from air plant supply co.
9. i've been eying this vintage metal tray from vintage now & then for a while now... and i finally have an excuse to buy it :)